Saturday, January 24, 2015

Kitchen's Clean and Quiet

The title today is a line from "Scott and Jamie" which has been stuck in my head all week. The song itself is a bit of a tear jerker as it's about two foster kids being yanked from a gay couple but, I don't think that's why it's been in my head. Instead, I've been counting down to the roommate moving out. I've been counting down since the end of summer more or less.

I don't think the guy knew how to wash a dish which drove me crazy. I told him how much it annoyed ne on several occasions and it just never sunk in. So he moved out today and I cleaned the dishes up and put them away.

The song says, "the kitchen's clean and quiet, we moved the furniture around..." I want to move the furniture but the construction debris is still in the way so it has to wait a bit. Already the house seems bigger without the roommate here. But you know what, I'm not as happy to have him out of the house as I expected to be. I don't feel like that part of my life is now over. And I don't know why. I don't *miss* the roommate or anything but I'm more "meh" about him leaving than I thought I'd be. I'm not sure I like this feeling. I was hoping to be energized to go on with my remodel, but I'm just not feeling it. At least not yet... Maybe soon? :)

No comments: