Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Is It True That You're a Witch?

Today a group of friends and I were sitting at a Panera tonight discussing paganism (what with Halloween/Samhain coming Friday). A random patron walked up and asked one of our members if she was Wiccan. She paused, wondering if she was about to be "saved." I jumped in sensing her discomfort and said "right idea, wrong religion" and she told the guy she was a Druid instead. The young man reached over the partition and handed her a piece of paper that looked very much like a religious tract. Turns out it was a folded over piece of paper with a hand-written note to read a book on Asatru. (early Norse religion) It was such a random moment but it was very interesting. I wish the guy had included his name on the piece of paper. I'd love to talk to him about the book after I get it.

Witchdom of the True (A Study of the Van-Troth and the Practice of Seidr)

Title Reference:

No comments: